Recipe by Leslie O
I made this cake for Easter, and everone loved it, saying it was the best carrot cake ever.
Top Review by Nancy Sneed
I took this to work for a retirement party and I had so many compliments that I thought I should be on a cooking show on TV. ;-) I was requested to make it 3 more times in the next 2 months for other occasions. My family loves it and people are still talking about it when they see me. Thanks for the real winner!
- 3 eggs
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml walnuts
- 236.59 ml chopped pineapple
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29-236.59 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92-9.85 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml unsweetened coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, soda,& cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar,& oil; mix until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture a little at a time until well blended.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts, pineapple, & vanilla, mixing evenly.
- Pour into a greased 9x13in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Cream together, cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sugar a 1/4 cup at a time, until well blended.
- After frosting cooled carrot cake, sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- To toast coconut, put on cookie sheet, under broiler for about 1 minute.
- Keep an eye on it to be sure it does not burn!