Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this cake for Easter, and everone loved it, saying it was the best carrot cake ever.
Make and share this Best Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Combine flour, salt, soda,& cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar,& oil; mix until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture a little at a time until well blended.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts, pineapple, & vanilla, mixing evenly.
- Pour into a greased 9x13in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Cream together, cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add sugar a 1/4 cup at a time, until well blended.
- After frosting cooled carrot cake, sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- To toast coconut, put on cookie sheet, under broiler for about 1 minute.
- Keep an eye on it to be sure it does not burn!