I wanted a recipe for caramel brownies using Kraft (or other) caramels and NOT needing a brownie or cake mix. Zaar didn't have what I was looking for so I am posting the one I found- and loved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1In a small saucepan over medium-low heat combine caramels and milk, stirring until smooth. remove from heat.
- 2Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Combine flour, cocoa and salt well and add to sugar/egg/butter mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- 4fold in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans.
- 5Spread into a greased 13x9 in baking dish and pour caramel sauce on top- it should cover the top of the brownie mix, so spread with a spatula as needed.
- 6Bake at 350 for 35- 40 minutes.
- 7Melt remaining chocolate chunks with oil over low heat and drizzle on the warm brownies. top with remaining pecans.
- 8Cool 30 minutes and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours. Keep at room temp until serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Caramel Brownies (No Cake or Brownie Mix!!)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g