Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I wanted a recipe for caramel brownies using Kraft (or other) caramels and NOT needing a brownie or cake mix. Zaar didn't have what I was looking for so I am posting the one I found- and loved.
- 14 ounces Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat combine caramels and milk, stirring until smooth. remove from heat.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt well and add to sugar/egg/butter mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- fold in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13x9 in baking dish and pour caramel sauce on top- it should cover the top of the brownie mix, so spread with a spatula as needed.
- Bake at 350 for 35- 40 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate chunks with oil over low heat and drizzle on the warm brownies. top with remaining pecans.
- Cool 30 minutes and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours. Keep at room temp until serving.