1 hr 20 mins
These are the best calico beans I've ever eaten. You can use pretty much any beans in any combination you like but the below combo is really great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and washed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and washed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained and washed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and washed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1Chop and thoroughly cook bacon. Drain.
- 2Brown hamburger and onion together. Drain.
- 3Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- 4Cook on high for 1 hour or on low for as long as you wish.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Calico Beans Ever
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 1004.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 33.9 g