Recipe by Lori H.
The best roll recipe I've ever had. To make hamburger buns, just divide dough into 12 pieces instead of 24 and roll into large balls. I then place them on a sheet pan that's been sprinkled with corn meal.
- 1⁄4 cup yeast
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour (not all purpose)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast, sugar, salt and warm water together; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, milk powder and butter or oil, mixing well.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead just until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place in oiled bowl turning once to coat and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Deflate dough and turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 24 pieces and place on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.