2 hrs 30 mins
Lori H.'s Note:
The best roll recipe I've ever had. To make hamburger buns, just divide dough into 12 pieces instead of 24 and roll into large balls. I then place them on a sheet pan that's been sprinkled with corn meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast, sugar, salt and warm water together; let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2Add flour, milk powder and butter or oil, mixing well.
- 3Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead just until dough is no longer sticky.
- 4Place in oiled bowl turning once to coat and cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 5Deflate dough and turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- 6Divide into 24 pieces and place on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- 7Let rise for 1 hour.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cafeteria Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g