My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 inches pies worth prepared pastry dough, like Century-Old Nuns Pastry Dough
- 12 ounces butter, melted
- 3 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups golden syrup
- 1 cup amber honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F and grease 2 jumbo muffin pans.
- 2Roll out half the pastry dough at a time to 1/4" thick and cut out 18–22 circles. Feel free to re-roll the pastry scraps - they stay unbelievably tender.
- 3Press the dough into the tins, saving the remaining circles for the second batch of baking.
- 4Place in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- 5In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 7Spoon into the pastry shells, filling half- to three-quarters full.
- 8Bake for 26 minutes.
- 9Cool for 2 hours in the pan, then gently remove with a butter knife, loosening edges and lifting out.
- 10Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
Nutritional Facts for Best Buttertarts
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.7 mg
- Sodium 508.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 61.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g