Prep 3 hrs
Cook 26 mins
For best results, use Century-Old Nuns Pastry Dough and jumbo muffin tins. You don't want to skimp on this goodness!
- 30 inches pies worth prepared pastry dough, like Century-Old Nuns Pastry Dough
- 12 ounces butter, melted
- 3 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups golden syrup
- 1 cup amber honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease 2 jumbo muffin pans.
- Roll out half the pastry dough at a time to 1/4" thick and cut out 18–22 circles. Feel free to re-roll the pastry scraps - they stay unbelievably tender.
- Press the dough into the tins, saving the remaining circles for the second batch of baking.
- Place in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into the pastry shells, filling half- to three-quarters full.
- Bake for 26 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours in the pan, then gently remove with a butter knife, loosening edges and lifting out.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.