Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My neighbor gave me this recipe - it never lasts long! and it is so simple to make!
- 1 cup real butter, softened (no subs)
- 6 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix butter, eggs, sugar& vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt, mix well.
- Add buttermilk, mix well.
- Pour into pie crusts and bake for 45 minutes- until tops are golden brown.
I made half this recipe (1 pie) and it worked perfectly. My mother had requested it for Mother's Day and this is the one we pciked to make as it had simple and few ingredients. Nothing too fussy and we were rewarded with a sweet, delicious pie. I used store bought pie crust and everything was just fine!