Recipe by Holly Harwig
This is a wonderful recipe, taken from the Wilton Cake Decorating pamphlet. I've tweaked it a little. Icing can be used immediately, or refrigerated for up to two weeks (rewhip before using).
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium until light and fluffy.