Prep 2 hrs
Cook 9 mins
These cookies are one of my many usual cutout cookie recipes for Christmas cookies. Prep time includes chill time for dough. From Land O Lakes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add in egg and beat well. Beat in orange juice and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder and gradually beat inches.
- Chill dough for about 1 hour.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 400.
- Roll dough on to lightly floured surface to about 1/8-1/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Sprinkle w/ colored sugars, if desired.
- Bake at 400 for 6-9 minutes (depending on cookie size) or until edges just slightly golden.
I agree they are Best Ever Cookies
I made these cookies for Valentines day and for a baby shower. I bought heart cutouts for valentines day and added pink sugar crystals and I bought various cookie cutters related to a new baby and added blue crystals. This was a hit at the party! Everyone wanted the recipe, meanwhile it was my first time making it. They came out so perfect and the recipe is so simple. Thanks!