Recipe by *Parsley*
These cookies are one of my many usual cutout cookie recipes for Christmas cookies. Prep time includes chill time for dough. From Land O Lakes.
Top Tweak by aandcolli33
This doesn't need tweaking but I needed to substitute , I did not have orange juice, fearing the cookie needed that moisture I added milk instead. I also halve the extract and add half almond half vanilla. After using this recipe, I lost it and have searched all over for it. The absolute best cut out cookie ever !
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add in egg and beat well. Beat in orange juice and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder and gradually beat inches.
- Chill dough for about 1 hour.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 400.
- Roll dough on to lightly floured surface to about 1/8-1/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Sprinkle w/ colored sugars, if desired.
- Bake at 400 for 6-9 minutes (depending on cookie size) or until edges just slightly golden.