These cookies are one of my many usual cutout cookie recipes for Christmas cookies. Prep time includes chill time for dough. From Land O Lakes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add in egg and beat well. Beat in orange juice and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder and gradually beat inches.
- Chill dough for about 1 hour.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 400.
- Roll dough on to lightly floured surface to about 1/8-1/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Sprinkle w/ colored sugars, if desired.
- Bake at 400 for 6-9 minutes (depending on cookie size) or until edges just slightly golden.