Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I must give credit where credit is due. I took this recipe from a TV grilling show called "Red Hot & Ready". The burgers were originally called "Caesar Burgers" but I think my name is more appropriate. These burgers are without a doubt the best I have ever had.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce garlic, finely diced
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 ounces butter
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- First off we must prepare a spicy butter mixing 6 oz soft butter in bowl with 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Roll spicy butter into a log using plastic wrap and place in fridge.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Take hardened spicy butter log from fridge, remove plastic wrap and cut butter into discs.
- Take ground beef mix and shape into 6 oz balls, inserting spicy butter discs in middle (the spicy butter will flavour and keep the burgers moist while grilling).
- Flatten balls into uniform patties, no more than an inch think, to ensure proper cooking.
- Grill to desired temperature, serve on toasty buns and enjoy!
These burgers were so good, we both really enjoyed them. I halved the recipe as there are just the two of us, and still ended up with 4 bugers. Really great flavor with just the slightest kick. I also added a slice of pepperjack cheese for a cheeseburger. These were great, and I will definately make these again very soon!
Can you see I am grinning from cheek to cheek? LOL These burgers are top notch with just the right kick. My family really enjoyed these. They even tasted great as leftovers. I served them with Easy Taco Fries (#78031)which added the right touch. Thanks for a great burger.
I cut the recipe back to make just one burger and it worked beautifully - This is one tasty burger with JUST the right amount of flavor. I had lettuce Tomatoe, cheddar & raw sweet onions on the burger and sauted mushrooms on the side along with Oven stone fries - my favorite Saturday night comfort food. There is a similat recipe, but diffinately different, to this one that I tried a few a few months back I couldn't find it but it was excellent too. Thank-you Matty B for sharing this excellent recipe