Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The very best way to make your burgers! Nice and juicy, and very easy! Adapted from a recipe on "Sara's Secrets" on Food Network. Also good on the grill.Yum!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons steak sauce or 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce (I prefer steak sauce)
- Mix ingredients well. You may also choose to add some steak seasoning to taste to give it a little extra zip.
- Shape into 5-6 patties.
- Place into a preheated skillet, cook on medium heat 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Sometimes you will need to add oil to the pan before preheating to keep the meat from sticking and burning.
- Top with your choice of cheese and place on bun with toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, etc.
I make my burgers this way, too. They are heavenly! I've also closed them up in alum foil and baked them, and broiled them. Best of all on the grill! Mmmm!
Yummy burgers! I used hickory smoke barbecue sauce and cooked them stove top. Thanks for sharing this super simple and great burger recipe, Amanda Beth. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
Wow! This was great! I used steak sauce (A1) and cooked 6 minutes on each side, then melted sharp cheese in the top in a hot oven. No changes necessary.