1/8 Photos of Best Buckeyes (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Candies)
I make about 30 varieties of cookies and candies during the holidays and these are the most requested. They are fairly easy and delicious. I serve them on a tray in miniature muffin liners. I have tried many different buckeye recipes, but this one, given to me years ago, is the best one I have used. ADDED 12/17/06: Instead of chips and paraffin wax, this year I used chocolate bark coating and it worked really well. You will need about Five - 2 oz. blocks of bark.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream peanut butter and butter.
- 2Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- 3Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.
- 4Melt chocolate chips with parafin wax in a double boiler.
- 5Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick about 3/4 of the way covered.
- 6Place chocolate side down on waxed paper.
- 7Let set at room temperature or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Buckeyes (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Candies)
Serving Size: 1 (1478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: