I make about 30 varieties of cookies and candies during the holidays and these are the most requested. They are fairly easy and delicious. I serve them on a tray in miniature muffin liners. I have tried many different buckeye recipes, but this one, given to me years ago, is the best one I have used. ADDED 12/17/06: Instead of chips and paraffin wax, this year I used chocolate bark coating and it worked really well. You will need about Five - 2 oz. blocks of bark.
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate chips with parafin wax in a double boiler.
- Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick about 3/4 of the way covered.
- Place chocolate side down on waxed paper.
- Let set at room temperature or refrigerate.