1/8 Photos of Best Buckeyes (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Candies)
I make about 30 varieties of cookies and candies during the holidays and these are the most requested. They are fairly easy and delicious. I serve them on a tray in miniature muffin liners. I have tried many different buckeye recipes, but this one, given to me years ago, is the best one I have used. ADDED 12/17/06: Instead of chips and paraffin wax, this year I used chocolate bark coating and it worked really well. You will need about Five - 2 oz. blocks of bark.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream peanut butter and butter.
- 2Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- 3Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.
- 4Melt chocolate chips with parafin wax in a double boiler.
- 5Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick about 3/4 of the way covered.
- 6Place chocolate side down on waxed paper.
- 7Let set at room temperature or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Buckeyes (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Candies)
Serving Size: 1 (1478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: