Recipe by Im4ducks
Brussels Sprouts with, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, onions and crumbled Gorgonzola.
- 20 medium Brussels sprouts
- 1 slice sweet onion (thick slice, quartered)
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, sliced thin (1/4-inch or less)
- 6 -8 baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup diced gorgonzola or 1⁄3 cup blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash trim and split sprouts either in half or whole if they are smaller.
- Heat oil and bacon drippings in a Wok or sauté pan.
- Add onion and Sprouts, sauté until sprouts are nearly tender.
- Remove from pan and discard oil.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until about half way done.
- Add roasted red pepper, sprouts and onion.
- Turn heat up to high, then add the balsamic vinegar and stir to coat all ingredients as the balsamic sizzles for about 30 seconds.
- Serve on a plate or shallow bowl and top with diced cheese.