Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
a hot cheese version
- 1 loaf French bread
- 10 fresh garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup locatelli cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Cut bread diagonally in 1-inch slices, without cutting through bottom crust. In food processor chop garlic finely; add oil and blend until paste. Spread paste on bread.
- Place in 350 degrees oven, directly on rack, with a pan under to catch drippings.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Do not boil.
- Stir in cheeses.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add butter; mix well.
- Place crispy bread in serving dish.
- Finish cutting through bread.
- Pour hot cheese sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
- Serve IMMEDIATELY! This cools very quickly!