Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
Great for Christmas morning! Shave a few minues from the hustle by mixing the dry ingredients the night before. Cover the bowl and finish in the morning.
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup coarse sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line muffin tin with paper cups, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all dry ingredients except coarse sugar. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, the 1/3 C melted butter, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened (batter should and will be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Place muffins on racks. Brush tops with the extra melted butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Serve warm.