Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
got this out of a hershey's cookbook when me and my sister were in our teens and just starting to cook. has always been a fav...
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- heat oven to 350°F grease 9 inch baking pan.
- stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. add eggs: beat well with spoon. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to egg mxture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. cool completely in pan or a wire rack. cut into squares.
These brownies are not half bad . Really the best brownie recipe I've had with self rising flour. I used orange zest about one tablespoon in the frosting but could have down without the frosting it's a little on the sweet side. The brownie however was moist between a cake-like and a fudgy brownie.
I made these about a year ago and forgot to rate them. They aren't bad. Not as fudgey as I would like them, but pretty good. I didn't have self-rising flour so I added 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. baking powder. I also left out the nuts because I didn't have them.