Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so yummy! Who doesn't like brownies? This recipe came in the mail with my electric bill.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together.
- Add the sugar to the well beaten eggs; combine the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Sift flour; measure; add baking powder and salt; sift again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture; add nuts and vanilla.
- Spread the dough evenly in a greased 8x8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- High altitude 35 minutes.
- When cool, cut into squares.
- If desired sprinkle with powdered sugar.