Recipe by Trisha W
I made this salad for an end of school year pot luck. The following year I was asked if I would bring it again. People remember this salad from year to year. It can be made the day before and chilled - which is very helpful. It uses a full pound of bacon. The cook time is actually "chill time" in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Abby McPlaid
Great salad. Thanks for the recipe. Even folks who don't like broccoli like this recipe. My minor variations include lightly blanching the broccoli, substituting pine nuts instead of sunflower seeds, and using low fat mayo. Also, used red onion.
- 1 bunch broccoli (tops only, broken into small pieces)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml sunflower seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped (or less)
- 453.59 g bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar