Recipe by DeeMiddleton
This broccoli rice casserole is one of my husbands favorites. It has to be made every holiday. It's creamy and not too cheesy. Hope you guys like it.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, cooked to pkg directions
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 2⁄3 cups Minute Rice, cooked to pkg directions
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly saute the onion and celery in the margarine.
- Add the soups and the cheese whiz. Mix well.
- drain the cooked broccoli well, then add to the above mixture.
- Lastly add you cooked rice ( the 1 2/3 cup rice is measurement of uncooked rice) and stir lightly.
- Spread into a greased 13X9 pan. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned.