Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Just Too Delicious!! All the ingredients blend to make a very tasty casserole. We consider this a special dish and it was enjoyed by my family on Christmas Day. Easy to prepare and transport to a potluck!
Top Review by Melathome
I've made this for Christmas. I've made this for Christmas Eve dinner the last two years and will continue to make it every year. It is excellent! In fact it was my husband's favorite part of dinner!
- 1 (14 ounce) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheez-It crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil florets for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Mix beaten egg, milk, onion, mayonnaise, cheese, mushroom soup, salt and pepper. Lightly fold in florets into this mixture.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle crushed crackers on top and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Careful not to overbrown cracker crumbs.