Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just Too Delicious!! All the ingredients blend to make a very tasty casserole. We consider this a special dish and it was enjoyed by my family on Christmas Day. Easy to prepare and transport to a potluck!
- 1 (14 ounce) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheez-It crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Boil florets for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Mix beaten egg, milk, onion, mayonnaise, cheese, mushroom soup, salt and pepper. Lightly fold in florets into this mixture.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle crushed crackers on top and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Careful not to overbrown cracker crumbs.
I've made this for Christmas. I've made this for Christmas Eve dinner the last two years and will continue to make it every year. It is excellent! In fact it was my husband's favorite part of dinner!
This is very good. I will make it again but use Ritz crackers rather than Cheez-its (they had a strange, almost hard texture and I know the Ritz make a wonderful topping) and some Velveeta or cheese whiz will be added, as we thought it could have a little more of an additional cheese in there. I really like the rest of the ingredients. Thank you for sharing!
Just made this and its fantastic. I usually just slap a piece of sliced american on top my broccoli but being a holiday weekend I wanted to make something different. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out delicious!!! Thanks so much.