Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Best Brined Turkey Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 9 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 -6 lbs bone-in whole turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Mix water, salt, and sugar in a 6-quart container or stockpot, stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add turkey.
- Cover ; refrigerate at least 12 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Remove turkey from brine, rinse thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in large shallow roasting pan.
- Fill cavity with onion, rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over turkey.
- Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of turkey and does not touch bone.
- Mix butter and wine.
- Soak 16-inch square of cheesecloth in butter mixture until completely saturated; cover turkey completely with cheesecloth.
- Roast 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecloth.
- Remove onion and herbs from turkey, but leave in pan.
- Bake 30-60 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 165° and juice of turkey is no longer pink when center is cut.