2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 cups water
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 -6 lbs bone-in whole turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Mix water, salt, and sugar in a 6-quart container or stockpot, stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- 2Add turkey.
- 3Cover ; refrigerate at least 12 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 325°.
- 5Remove turkey from brine, rinse thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry.
- 6Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in large shallow roasting pan.
- 7Fill cavity with onion, rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves.
- 8Sprinkle salt and pepper over turkey.
- 9Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of turkey and does not touch bone.
- 10Mix butter and wine.
- 11Soak 16-inch square of cheesecloth in butter mixture until completely saturated; cover turkey completely with cheesecloth.
- 12Roast 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 13Remove cheesecloth.
- 14Remove onion and herbs from turkey, but leave in pan.
- 15Bake 30-60 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 165° and juice of turkey is no longer pink when center is cut.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Brined Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 7225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: