Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
We make this for breakfast daily. It gives us fruit, vegetables, dairy and soy protein. We have shared it with many people and they seem to love it as much as we do. Hope you like it, too.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or 1 cup blueberry juice (any deep colored juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 package extra soft silken tofu or 2 scoops powdered soy protein concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen berries (we like a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw spinach
- Place ingredients in order of appearance in a blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute.
I drink this nearly every morning - I love it!
Here is the perfect breakfast for all of your New Year's resolutions! I used pom juice, tofu and frozen wild blueberries and felt great all morning. About the spinach, I knew it was there and had to get beyond the notion of drinking a green leafy vegetable. My children, though, sucked it down without a second thought. We'll be making this often. Thanks, Dietitian, for a tasty and healthy recipe!!
The use of Blueberries or Cherries, either whole or pure juice, will aid for those who suffer from gout attackes.