1/1 Photo of Best Bread Machine Sourdough
3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe gives a slightly dense bread with a slightly chewy crust and a little tang from the sour dough, depending entirely on your sourdough. A “San Francisco” sourdough starter is appropriate for this recipe.
My Private Note
Two Pou ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put first 4 ingredients in bread machine and stir gently. (yes, this works…).
- 2Let sit for about 10 minutes. Starter should start to bubble a little.
- 3Add flour, then spread oil and salt evenly over the flour.
- 4Select basic course or following custom settings if your bread maker has them:.
- 5Custom settings for Zojirushi BB-CEC20: Preheat - 20 Minutes ( I start cycle after mixing first four ingredients then add remaining three ingredients after ten minutes), Knead - 20 minutes, Rise1 - 40 minutes, Rise2 - 40 minutes, Rise3 - OFF, Bake - 58 minutes Medium or Dark crust setting ( I use medium), Keep warm - OFF.
- 6Check a few minutes into kneading and add flour or water as needed to get a just slightly tacky dough that sticks to your fingers like a strong post it note and stretches smoothly without tears when kneading. Sourdough bread dough is a little gloopier then regular white bread.
- 7See directions for making a starter or order a starter online.
- 8Like all sourdough breads wait until at room temperature before cutting or insides will clump up and tear the insides out of the loaf.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Bread Machine Sourdough
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 467.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: