Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes 2 lbs. of dough, which I make into 2 medium sized pizzas. You can also use this for stromboli or calzones.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) packet active dry yeast
- 1 3⁄8 cups room temperature water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to bread machine and run on "dough" cycle.
- When cycle is done, punch down dough and remove from machine.
- Keep in a bowl coated with olive oil and allow to rest until you're ready to roll out.
- (Only for a few minutes, or it will start to rise again.).
This is so easy and taste go good. My DGSs were visiting and wanted pizza, I wanted easy so pulled this up. I made a few changes that I think made it even better. Added a tablespoon of honey to the liquid and 1 teaspoon of both basil and oregano. Then gave eacy of the boys their own piece of dough to make their personal pan pizza and then made a large, thick crust for DH and me. It was awesome and what I'll be using from now on. <br/><br/>As an update, I continue to use this recipe when in a hurry and it's always a winner. I made 4 mini-pizza and froze half of the dough for later, eater to see how this turns out.
This dough is wonderful to work with. It's DH who rolls the dough. And he likes this one. It gives a great dough. Thanks Karen :) Made for cookbook tag game
This is the first recipe I ever made for Pizza Dough in the Bread Maker and everyone raved about it. Wonderful and simple.