Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Always soft and high, this is my old stand by. Great brown or white, grab your butter and have a bite. OK, so I'm a better cook than poet. Still, it's great bread.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine in order given, bake.
- For a traditional loaf, use the dough cyle, then shape dough into a loaf, place in bread pan.
- Let rise until doubled. Time will depend on the warmth of your kitchen, 33-45 minutes Bake 30-40 min's at 350.
- For brown bread, use 2cups white and 1 cup brown flour.
Hands down the "best" bread I've ever made. I prefer using my machine to just make dough...I don't like the shape and texture of bread made and baked in the machine...and this recipe was perfect. I do have a hunch though that my husband may insist that we never buy bread again,lol.
Very good recipe! Our company loved it. I may add a bit more salt or sugar next time although hubby and our company said it was perfect way it was. Made hamburgers with the bread and it was the best burgers we have had in awhile. Don't need buns anymore now :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This just melted in our mouths. I made this to go along with our beef stew last night and it was wonderful. I plan on making more tonight it was so good. Thankyou for sharing.