Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It makes the lightest white bread with a flaky crust. I wanted to share this recipe because it makes the best loaf of bread and is foolproof. I just got a breadmaker and I have been trying many recipes. This is by far the ultimate white bread recipe. Being new to bread making I was a bit afraid to mix the yeast like this but it is really simple and should turn out perfect!
- 236.59 ml warm water (110 degrees F~45 degrees C)
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 11.09 ml bread machine yeast
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- Place the water, sugar, and the yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Mix it up a bit. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, flour and the salt to the yeast.
- Select white bread setting for 1 1/2 pound loaf and press start.
- I use the light crust setting but each machine may be different.
- A little helpful hint. After every loaf of bread I made the kneading paddle would get stuck when I tried to clean it. I was afraid I was going to break it trying to force it off. Now I spray it with vegetable oil spray before each use and it slips off easily for cleaning.
This is a fantastic recipe. I've been using my bread machine for years, but have always wanted a recipe that would yield a fluffy white bread. This is it! My son thought the original recipe tasted too strong of yeast. I made another loaf today, reduced the yeast to 1.5 tsp of yeast and it still raised just as well. Thanks for sharing! This one will be made often in my home.
This was great! The texture was soft and the bread was quite flavorful - I'm especially grateful it's vegan!! Living at 6500 ft, I reduced the yeast by 1/4t. I used soymilk instead of water, 1T. brown sugar, 1T. white sugar, 2 and 1/3C. bread flour and 2/3C. ww flour. I also used the dough cycle on my bread machine, shaped the dough, placed it in a greased bread pan and let it rise for a half hour. Since my house is kept pretty cool (64) I preheat my oven to 200, turn it off and let the dough rise in the pan there, with the oven door cracked a bit. Then I removed the dough, preheated the oven to 350 and baked for 29 min. (note, baking usually takes 5 more minutes for any given recipe at high altitude, so you can adjust your baking time accordingly if you like to bake your bread in the oven instead of in the machine. (about 22-25 min elsewhere)
This is the bread I always thought I would get when using my bread machine, but always fell short. Now, I will never use another white bread recipe again. Amazing. Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. Thanks for sharing this!!