Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It makes the lightest white bread with a flaky crust. I wanted to share this recipe because it makes the best loaf of bread and is foolproof. I just got a breadmaker and I have been trying many recipes. This is by far the ultimate white bread recipe. Being new to bread making I was a bit afraid to mix the yeast like this but it is really simple and should turn out perfect!
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F~45 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the water, sugar, and the yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Mix it up a bit. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, flour and the salt to the yeast.
- Select white bread setting for 1 1/2 pound loaf and press start.
- I use the light crust setting but each machine may be different.
- A little helpful hint. After every loaf of bread I made the kneading paddle would get stuck when I tried to clean it. I was afraid I was going to break it trying to force it off. Now I spray it with vegetable oil spray before each use and it slips off easily for cleaning.
This is a fantastic recipe. I've been using my bread machine for years, but have always wanted a recipe that would yield a fluffy white bread. This is it! My son thought the original recipe tasted too strong of yeast. I made another loaf today, reduced the yeast to 1.5 tsp of yeast and it still raised just as well. Thanks for sharing! This one will be made often in my home.
This is the bread I always thought I would get when using my bread machine, but always fell short. Now, I will never use another white bread recipe again. Amazing. Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. Thanks for sharing this!!
This bread is great!!!! It is really simple, easy enough for the novice bread maker. It has a wonderful flavor and the texture is light and fluffy. I will definitely make it again.