1/5 Photos of Best Bran Muffins
I have made many bran muffins over my years of baking this one has become my all-time favorite, and when you make these you will see why! ---throw in some fresh blueberries in place of the raisins if desired, I have even made these using Raisin Bran cereal and also using wheat bran --- you will love these muffins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-bran cereal (this will NOT work using Bran Buds cereal)
- 1 cup buttermilk (low-fat is okay)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed (reduce sugar for a a less sweeter muffin)
- 2 teaspoons maple extract or 2 teaspoons use vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (even better use 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (can use 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins (or can use chopped dates)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 12 regular-size muffin tins with paper liners (or 7 jumbo muffin tins).
- 3In a medium bowl mix together the All-Bran cereal with buttermilk; let sit for about 10-12 minutes stirring once.
- 4In another bowl whisk together the oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended, then add to the buttermilk mixture; mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
- 5In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and nutmeg; add to the wet mixture and mix JUST until blended using a wooden spoon or a small spatula (a few small lumps in the mixture are okay!).
- 6Fold in raisins or dates.
- 7Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- 8Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins test done (if using jumbo muffin tins increase baking time).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 292.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g