Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love America's Test Kitchen recipes because they always turn out so well. These are moist and delicious muffins from the excellent cookbook, "The New Best Recipe" by Cook's Illustrated Magazine. If you're in a rush, you can melt the butter, mix it with the eggs, and stir it into the dry ingredients. When thoroughly mixed, beat in the yogurt and proceed with the recipe. To cinnamon-coat muffin tops, dip warm muffins in melted butter, then in mixture of one-half cup granulated sugar and two teaspoons cinnamon.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (1 1/4 stick)
- 1 cup sugar, minus 1 tablespoon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 375°F Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add lemon zest to butter-sugar mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in one-half of dry ingredients. Beat in one-third of yogurt. Beat in remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with yogurt, until incorporated. Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and fold into finished batter.
- Spray twelve-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray or coat lightly with butter. Use large ice cream scoop to divide batter evenly among cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tin, top with Cinnamon Sugar Topping, if desired, and serve warm.
I used Lemon Yogurt instead of plain. Yum!
Seriously, I could have eaten the whole bowl of batter! So moist and delicious! Made them Texas Muffin size and served for Sunday Brunch. The Kids loved them
These are excelelnt! I used Fage greek and was a little short. I Added a splash of milk. Still thick and the cups were heaping. They rose beaufilly and taste fabulous!