Recipe by Q Horse Mama
Blueberry pie is a classic summertime treat. My kids and I go blueberry picking every year and we all love this pie so much I always pick enough extra to freeze and have ingredients for this pie all year long. I think it is the perfect blueberry pie. This recipe has just the right amount of filling, it is not so stuffed that you don't get to taste the crust, which in my opinion is one of the best parts of a pie. Simple, yet delicious with a capital D!
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This is very good, especially with as easy as it was to make. I think that there was a little to much sugar in it. Next time I will use 3/4 cup and see how it turns out them. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Spring 2013.
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 18 inches pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in mixing bowl and mix. (This recipe works just as well with frozen berries as it does fresh.).
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom crust.
- Pour mixture into bottom pie crust. Dot with butter and cover with top crust. Cut holes in top crust to vent. Cover crust edges with pie ring or foil.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.