Recipe by Granola Girl
i love low calorie baking they taste just as good and won't make you fat haha found this online and modified it
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bottoms of 2 1/2-inch muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat egg until foamy in a small mixing bowl. Beat in oil and milk. In a separate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Stir in blueberries. Make a well in the center and pour in liquid ingredients. Mix together with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened; no more than 25 to 30 strokes. Batter will be lumpy.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, fill the cups in the muffin pan. This will measure your batter equally for each muffin. Fill each muffin cup slightly more than half full. (Try to scoop only once for each cup; muffins will be lighter.).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and muffins test done with a toothpick. Loosen with spatula and turn out. Best served warm.