Recipe by Mrs. Gottrocks
A friend of mine recently served this at her dinner party, and said "it couldn't be easier", and I said "it couldn't be more delicious" and all other guests agreed. It disappeared in minutes!!! It is a delicious and quick appetizer, or could also be the "bread" accompaniment to any main course, either way, your family and friends will "gobble" it up!! And, it is easy and fun for kids to make and enjoy too!!
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagepillsbury grands homestyle biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in pan; add blue cheese.
- Stir until blue cheese is melted and smooth.
- Take each dinner roll, and cut it into 6 pieces.
- Oil an 8x8-inch (or similar size) pan or glass baking dish (glass baking dish is preferred).
- Pour butter/blue cheese mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the cut up pieces of dough into the baking dish, on top of the blue cheese/butter mixture, crowding the pieces so that they touch.
- Bake according to packaged roll directions, usually 13-17 minutes, on about 350°-375°, or until golden brown on underside of pan (that is why it is good to use a glass dish, so you can lift it up to see if the underside is baked enough).
- When done, invert baking dish and the easy blue cheesy bread should drop out easily--so that what was the "bottom" in the baking dish becomes the "top"--serve immediately.
- While it is still hot, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve (optional).
- This is basically "pull apart finger food" and is absolutely delicious!