Recipe by KissKiss
Since there are so few ingredients, going low-fat on any of them would really compromise the flavor. This should only be made in the summer when tomatoes are perfectly ripe. This makes two sandwiches.
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices tomatoes (must be ripe and fairly large)
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 4 slices bread (or 2 split buns, use your favorite of either)
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk ranch dressing (Hidden Valley Ranch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper and allow to rest on paper towels to absorb liquid.
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook the bacon until crisp (about 15-20 minutes) and drain on a paper towel.
- Pour off the bacon fat (but save it for other recipes!) leaving a tiny coating of fat in the pan. Over a very low heat, put the slices of bread in the skillet and warm/toast them on both sides until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes total).
- Remove bread from the skillet and, for each sandwich, top one bread slice with 2 tomatoes, 3-4 slices bacon, 3 lettuce leaves, and 1 tbsp dressing; top with the other bread slice and serve immediately.