Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is the only pasta salad my husband will eat. The dressing though similar to other BLT salads on the site has one major difference and it really adds a wonderful zip to the salad. When ever I serve this salad several people go home with the recipe.
Top Review by flower7
I needed something for our Post-Holidays Holiday Potluck at work and this fit the bill perfectly. I made 1.5 times the recipe (which was a ton!) and used pre-cooked bacon (2.3 oz pkg) and pre-shredded lettuce (10 oz) to save time. The only change I made was to cut back the mayo just a little bit (used 1 cup instead of 1 1/8 cup). Many of my co-workers told me how good it was. Thanks for helping me preserve my standing among them as a great cook! :) - Jan 6, 2010. UPDATE: I made this again for this year's potluck and only made one recipe (instead of 1.5) and it was plenty. I again used pre-cooked bacon (8 slices) and an 8 oz pkg of lettuce. I still cut back the mayo a Tbsp or two. The only thing I did different this time was using homemade bbq sauce - recipe #159145. Got rave reviews again! Thanks again for sharing! :)
- 1 (7 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I prefer using any original flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (I often use fresh squeezed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp, place on paper toweling to drain.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- While pasta is cooking crumble bacon, chop tomatoes, and green onion.
- Drain pasta and run under cold water.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, bacon, and green onion to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour dressing over pasta and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Shred lettuce just before serving. Add it to the salad; giving it one last good stir.