This is the only pasta salad my husband will eat. The dressing though similar to other BLT salads on the site has one major difference and it really adds a wonderful zip to the salad. When ever I serve this salad several people go home with the recipe.
- 1 (7 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I prefer using any original flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (I often use fresh squeezed)
- Fry bacon until crisp, place on paper toweling to drain.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- While pasta is cooking crumble bacon, chop tomatoes, and green onion.
- Drain pasta and run under cold water.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, bacon, and green onion to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour dressing over pasta and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Shred lettuce just before serving. Add it to the salad; giving it one last good stir.