1 hr 30 mins
This is my uncles recipe that he makes for family get togethers. It is the best! Other berries can be substituted but blackberries are our favorite! For smaller families or get togethers, this recipe halves easily!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons water (a bit more could be necessary depending on your flour)
- 1 (16 ounce) box refrigerated pillsbury ready crust pie dough
- 1Place filling ingredients in a pot and barely cover with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Place first three dumpling ingredients in a bowl. Cut shortening into flour using pastry cutter, forks or your hands until it resembles course meal.
- 3Add water one teaspoon at a time until dough holds together in a ball and does not crumble when pressed.
- 4Flour a work surface and roll out dumpling dough to about 1/4 - 1/8 inch thick and cut into squares.
- 5Drop dumplings into berry filling and cook 30 minutes. Make sure to stir when dropping in dumplings so they don't stick together.
- 6Pour filling into a 4 quart rectangle baking dish.
- 7Roll out pre-made crusts and place over berries. *Most pre-made pie crust boxes come with 2 single crusts. You will need both crusts and trim the extra off. If you have the patience you can create a lattice crust using the pre-made dough for a pretty presentation.
- 8Bake your cobbler according to the Pillsbury Ready Crust box directions.
- 9This recipe can be halved or 2 smaller cobblers made by using two 2 quart dishes and using one pre-made crust per cobbler.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Blackberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 225.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g