Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple black bean side dish goes well with so many dishes. It really goes well with Mexican or Cuban dishes. Recipe from allrecipes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine beans, onion,and garlic, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Season with cumin, cilantro, cayenne, and salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, and serve.
Mexican is one of our favorite cuisines and I made these to go along with a Mexican themed dinner I was having. Everyone really enjoyed these beans! Just the right amount of everything for us. We will enjoy these with lots of dinners in the future! Thanks for sharing Fluffster!
This is my new favorite way to prepare Black Beans with my Salsa Chicken. So very good, so very easy! Thanks for posting!
Made these to go with ribs I was having tonight. I cut back to 1 tsp. cilantro as I'm not crazy about it in many things, and it was great! Thanks Fluff for a simple and delicious bean dish that only takes a few mins. to prepare. This will be great with a lot of meals at my house! Linda