Recipe by Alfie's mum
I have never loved enchiladas with red sauce but received this recipe when I got married and decided to try it a couple years later. It is by far my husband's FAVORITE dinner, he cannot get enough of these. I wasn't sure about them at first but the more i eat them the more i LOVE them!!
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 34 ounces mild enchilada sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans (do not drain)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in pam spray. Add black beans, then mash. Add 1 cup of enchilada sauce and brown rice. Mix. Place portion of rice mixture in tortilla, sprinkle with grated cheese. Roll and put in baking dish.Continue until all tortillas are filled and placed in pan. Makes enough to fill 9x13 and 8x8 pan. Pour on remaining sauce, then sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream. (Optional).