Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have never loved enchiladas with red sauce but received this recipe when I got married and decided to try it a couple years later. It is by far my husband's FAVORITE dinner, he cannot get enough of these. I wasn't sure about them at first but the more i eat them the more i LOVE them!!
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 34 ounces mild enchilada sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans (do not drain)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- Saute onion in pam spray. Add black beans, then mash. Add 1 cup of enchilada sauce and brown rice. Mix. Place portion of rice mixture in tortilla, sprinkle with grated cheese. Roll and put in baking dish.Continue until all tortillas are filled and placed in pan. Makes enough to fill 9x13 and 8x8 pan. Pour on remaining sauce, then sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream. (Optional).
This was good!!! Followed the recipe exactly, and it came out great. Does make a lot, next time I will probably half the recipe.
This recipe was very easy and good. It is no a blow someone doors off recipe, but it is simple, filling, flavorful, and delicious. If you make extra of the filling, it is very good heated, topped with a little cheese and hot sauce or salsa and used as a dip.
Really yummy vegetarian style enchiladas. I like the fact that they are pretty healthy. Way fast and easy recipe!