Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy vegan drop baking powder biscuts.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in the shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the milk all at once and stir just until the dough forms a ball around the fork.
- Spoon onto pam-sprayed baking sheet.
- Cook 15-20 minutes.
- You can also make a slightly more tangy "buttermilk" biscut using about a table spoon of vinegar to the milk.