My mom made this beef stroganoff weekly when I was younger. I don't have the same metabolism I did then, but it's still the best $%#&* beef stroganoff I have ever had. I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful reviews and ideas, I too now add a splash of Worcestershire sauce! Thanks again!
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- canned mushroom stems and pieces, 2-3 cans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I always use the top name brand)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter over medium heat.
- Stir in ground beef and brown stir in flour, salt, mushrooms, and pepper cook 5 minutes, then stir in soup. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream until heated. Serve over noodles.