Recipe by Chef Dee
Since tasting this stew, I threw out all my other stew recipes. It has a tasty tomato baste and is even better warmed the next day. Serve with biscuits.
Top Review by LizAnn
Very tastey. I used the crockpot to cook it in and undrianed stewed tomatoes instead of veggie juice. I added a little beef broth. It was very thick all on its own. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup kernel corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- While heating shortening in large frying pan, stir together flour and seasoned salt.
- Dredge meat in this mixture and brown well in hot shortening.
- Add onions and continue to cook until soft.
- Place in mediun roaster.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order given and stir well.
- Cover and place in hot oven for two hours.
- Thicken with cornstarch or instant potatoes.