Recipe by profken
This is a simple recipe for beef jerky that ends up making the best jerky you have ever had. Don't waste money buying jerky at the store - get a food dehydrator and make your own!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (or other fairly cheap cut)
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into thin slices across the grain. Cut the resulting strips into 2 inch segments.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a 1 gallon zip-top bag. Close the bag and move around to mix the ingredients.
- Add the meat strips to the bag. Place bag in refrigerator and marinade for at least 4 hours. It is fine to leave overnight.
- Drain meat and place on racks of a food dehydrator. Follow manufacturer's instructions. Will take at least 8 hours to dry.
- Once fully dry, store in a cool, airtight container for up to 3 months.