Recipe by Hugce
This is really the best. I roast it the day before serving, then complete the process the day I serve it. Great recipe for a crowd, fall apart tender.
- 7 lbs beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup broth, from cooked brisket (I usually use whatever broth there is, even if it is more than a cup)
- 1 cup wishbone Russian salad dressing (not creamy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix seasonings and Worcestershire sauce together and rub into meat.
- Wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- (I use a reynolds large foil bag) Place in baking pan.
- Cook 7 to 8 hours at 275 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, and remove from foil.
- Reserve broth for sauce.
- Trim fat, slice and put brisket back in pan.
- Mix together ingredients for Sauce.
- Pour over brisket slices and bake 300 degrees F.
- for 1 hour.
- I usually roast meat the day before, refrigerate then fat very easy to remove from broth and brisket.