Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are several versions of this tasty frozen drink, but here's my favorite - how I made them at the ol' Dirty Joe's on Pensacola Beach! They are great to take on a leisurely beach bike ride - beat the heat! Don't worry about the calories, if you drink enough and start dancing to the reggae music, you can work all that off, yea, right!
- 1 ounce dark rum (bacardi dark with 151 for the float)
- 1 ounce kamora coffee liqueur (Kamora tastes better than Kahlua and is cheaper)
- 1 ounce white Creme de Cacao
- 1 ounce dark Creme de Cacao
- 1 ounce Coco Lopez
- Fill the blender with ice, if you have pourers on your bottles, just grab the rum and the kamora and pour equal amounts into the blender.
- Then grab the light and dark Creme de Cocoa bottles and do the same.
- All this 1 oz stuff like shot glasses is for trainees, tee hee!
- We put our coco lopez in a squeeze bottle so that it didn't clump - and you just do a squeeze depending on how coconutty you want it.
- Then fill it up with milk until you can see it about a couple inches down in the ice.
- Crank up that bar blender and wait until it forms like a wind tunnel and has the consistency of a milkshake.
- Pour it into 16 oz styro cups with fat straws. For the big boys and girls, you can top it off with a 151 Rum floater.
- Enjoy getting bushwacked! Don't worry about falling, most folks tend to bounce!
Hoo boy this is SO good! Cold and creamy and tropical - just fantastic. This recipe makes 2 huge drinks - and yes I drank them both myself :) ! Absolutely loved it - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008