Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon k.c.masterpice barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- your favorite beer
- Put the ground chuck in a bowl.
- Mix in the liquid smoke, hot sauce, and bbq sauce.
- Mix together and set in the fridge for awhile-the longer you can let it set in the fridge the better it is.
- Slice the onion.
- Take a small amount of the burger mix and flatten it out.
- Lay a slice of onion on it then take more burger mix and put it over the top of the onion.
- Seal around the edges.
- Make them about 1/3 to a half pound burgers.
- Put them on the grill and baste with bbq sauce and a little beer mixed in it, to thin it out (you may drink the rest of the beer if you are 21).
- Cook about 7 minutes per side.
- These are ever so good!