Recipe by Heart 'N Soul
From the Twin City Grill at the Mall of America. This is my all time favorite BBQ Bean dish. I think they taste best after a day or two, so they are perfect for those of us who love to get things done in advance! The only change I make is I use butter beans in place of lima.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- In large pot, combine cooked bacon, ground beef, onion and garlic, cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly browned.
- Add the brown sugar, ketchup, both red and balsamic vinegars and the water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in the drained beans.
- Simmer an additional 15 minutes.