Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Twin City Grill at the Mall of America. This is my all time favorite BBQ Bean dish. I think they taste best after a day or two, so they are perfect for those of us who love to get things done in advance! The only change I make is I use butter beans in place of lima.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- In large pot, combine cooked bacon, ground beef, onion and garlic, cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly browned.
- Add the brown sugar, ketchup, both red and balsamic vinegars and the water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in the drained beans.
- Simmer an additional 15 minutes.
My family and guests loved these. I was a little iffy with the variety of beans, but it came out wonderfully!
My husband said that these were the best BBQ beans he ever had... and he is extremely picky. He really can't get enough of them.
I've been making these beans for years and they are great. I call them calico beans and ,fry the meat and drain and cook in the crockpot. These are a potluck item..SOoooGood