Recipe by cookiedog
I have the worst luck making rice. I found this on the food network and made it for my DBF's birthday dinner since he loves rice. It came out perfectly and he even had seconds.I'm not sure if it is the "Best" but it certainly is wonderful!
Top Review by littlemafia
Good recipe to have! I prefer it with less water, but that's my taste.Great when there's not a lot of time and I need a quick rice dish. I liked the addition of chicken broth.Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade or 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with the butter, olive oil, and salt, and chicken broth (or water). Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until you see holes forming that tunnel down into the rice forming on the surface, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover the saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes, then fluff and serve.