Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have the worst luck making rice. I found this on the food network and made it for my DBF's birthday dinner since he loves rice. It came out perfectly and he even had seconds.I'm not sure if it is the "Best" but it certainly is wonderful!
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade or 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with the butter, olive oil, and salt, and chicken broth (or water). Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until you see holes forming that tunnel down into the rice forming on the surface, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover the saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes, then fluff and serve.
Good recipe to have! I prefer it with less water, but that's my taste.Great when there's not a lot of time and I need a quick rice dish. I liked the addition of chicken broth.Thanks for sharing.
Great rice! Enjoyed the flavor using the chicken broth instead of water. Will use this recipe often. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4.
I made this rice, so that I would have rice already cooked on hand. I just love rice with nothing but butter on it. This recipe gave it a fuller flavor.....I guess because of the broth. This is how I will make all rice from now on. Wrote down recipe and put it in the jar that I keep my rice in. Thank you. Made for ZWT4 Team: Chic Chefs